Wednesday, October 20, 2004

That wrinkle wasn't there yesterday...

Okay. So last night I had to take some movies back to the movie place. They have this deal going right now where you pay like $10.00 a month and you can get all the movies you want. My dad thought this was a decent deal so he signed up. Since we are sharing living space at the moment I opted not to.

Now before I get to the rest of this little story I have to share this. My dad is without a doubt the worst movie picker-outer in the world. He has no clue as to what got good reviews in the theater, or if the movie he's picked was ever even IN a theater. He picks rentals by the cover. If he likes the cover, he rents it. That is always his excuse, "It had a good cover". He also is prone to renting the same movie twice (or more) because he looks at the cover, not the title. This is why I found my self in the following situation...

Since he has unlimited rental privileges, I have been using his account to rent the movies lately. Usually I just have to give them the phone number and say my name is Sam. Last night, the kid at the counter wanted either the rental card or a phone number and picture ID. I gave him the number and then fell silent.

Movie Store Kid: "Do you have a picture ID I can see?"

Me: "No."

Movie Store Kid: "Uhhhhh.... can I have your date of birth then?"

Me: "6/1/1943"

Movie Store Kid: "Okay! These will be due back on Sunday by midnight."

He didn't even blink.

Now I know I've had a year or two of hard livin', but I'm pretty sure I don't look 61...Why I bet I don't look a day over 53!

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - some kid at the grocery store called me Ma'am the other day.

What the hell?

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...yeah - that was me....Denise...sorry.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, lil Timmy. Don't take it so hard. That kid was just a damn fool. You should be pityin' him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home